Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 9th from Hilarie

Vanakkam! (Greetings!)
Well its our second full day in India and all I can say is wow! This place is like on sensory overload. There are so many sounds, sights and tastes. The food is amazing!!! I think im going to end up gaining weight instead if loosing any. Lol The people we have met here are so hospitable and just so lovely.
On the first day here I think Channai the group spilt up. One group went to a fishing village to do a BBS and our small group did a teacher training at a 200 year old cathedral. That was really neat. Both teams had amazing experiences, even despite the extrema heat.
Today was another hot yet rewarding day. Most of us went to an orphanage while Linda, my mom and 2 other team members put on another teacher training to a group of seminary students. I got to go to the orphanage, and it was amazing. I don't have enough time to go on about how awesome it was. But I can say that I totally wanted to bring  a few of the girls home with me!
Tomorrow promises to be yet another hot and humid day. :) there will be another teacher training and who knows what other adventures lie ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment