Thursday, July 23, 2015
Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow
As Shakespeare wrote: parting is such sweet sorrow. It came time to say good bye to our Kenyan Team who we've spent so much time with over the years. This time was extra special. We watch God grow them in the ministry. We watched how the Lord molded together a team with different gifts and talents. God has formed them into His Fifty5five team of Kenya. I tear up for so many reasons. Selfishly I tear up not knowing if I will see them again this side of Heaven but knowing our hearts are forever bonded in Him. Also, because I see God unfolding a bigger work than I could have ever imagined. He has equipped His Kenyan children to equip more of His Kenyan children. Missionaries from America often go and serve in other parts of the world but are asked is is lasting? Our goal at Fifty5five is always to train up teachers and to work ourselves out of a job in a country. We want to train up the locals to train up the locals. We want to teach them to fish not give them a fish. We've seen it in India. We are seeing it again in Kenya. Thank you Lord for what you have done and what You continue to do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow. So incredibly cool to read all these posts, hear the work of the Lord and feel the Holy Spirit roaring! Brought me to tears. God is good. Praying for safe travels and for the teaching to continue to pay it forward. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteThanks for giving us the "live" updates, Theresa. So happy to hear all that God is doing. Praying for a safe trip home, and then coffee date for sure! 🙏🏻
ReplyDelete