Some of the highlights of the day ...
- A 6:30 am call for a devotional study for the seven of us, which turned into eight because a local security guard with a heart for God wanted to join in.
- A beginning worship song, in Spanish, by one of the local church ladies that totally brought the love of God into the building. I know I'm a sucker for a beautiful vocal but I had to tell her just how beautiful it was.
- Participants ranged from about nine to nearly 70 years old, and laughter was heard from everyone throughout the day.
- After lunch, one of our group started to hum a worship song, which encouraged one of the locals to join it, which got three young ladies singing, and the next this you know, the entire group of 100 or so were signing for all they were worth, and it didn't matter if the singing was in English or Spanish, the worship was the key!
- I made two new friends, who even though they don't speak English, insisted on exchanging emails.
- And, finally, the graduation ceremony was enough to bring a grown man to tears. The love and appreciation experienced was awesome.
All in all, the two days of the train the teacher portion of the trip were an eye opener for love, warmth, and worship that I feel more than blessed to have been allowed to attend. I can only imagine, and look forward to what the next six days hold for us.
Don Gilzean.
Wow, sounds like an awesome day! It sounds like you definitely need to learn Spanish now. I see some classes in your future.
ReplyDeleteI can hear the workings of the Holy Spirit. So cool to read about it.
ReplyDelete