Jay Case – Greetings! I can hardly believe that tomorrow is the last day of VBS. Today was amazing as I was blessed to give an altar call and many kids and adults came forward to give their lives for Christ. God knows their hearts and we should pray for them as they start their walk with Christ. We start our long journey home tomorrow and I look forward to seeing my family and friends! I thank God for our hosts here. They have been simply amazing and wonderful, giving us all the comforts of home with great cooking, showers, making our beds, washing our clothes, etc. Praise the Lord and Amen!
Becky Jo – Hey friends and family; today was another super duper day with all our Kenyan friends. We got to have an authentic African meal ( no teeth this time ) just some crossed eyeballs! No kidding! It makes you feel funny when your lunch is looking at you. I guess that is why you pray over your food so it doesn’t bite you back when you are not looking.
LaVon- Omosi ! So much to say but words are difficult to find….what an amazing people...what an amazing God we serve. We have been treated like kings and queens here. Before daylight there are folks working hard in the kitchen, outside preparing meats and food for the day. Every day our clothes are taken away and hand washed, then ironed, folded neatly and placed back in our rooms. We wake up every morning to the girls singing in school about 5 am and it is lovely. I spent some time today with the older girls . They surrounded me asking questions about America, about God and told me of their lives and dreams. The need is great here. We all have so many stories to tell…love you all ...pray for the people here please….
Linda – GADS, what to say! We’ve hung around with everyone from a Bishop to the Chief of Education, people from four tribes, Catholics, Baptists, etc. It’s been quite the journey! We have been contacted about working in several more areas of Kenya, one even being to the Masai tribe on a future trip! This area is really hungry for the work we do. A side blessing for me is that two Pastors with separate ministries who have never worked together before came together because of us and are looking forward to supporting the work they are both doing with widows and orphans. God is so good… working in ways we hadn’t even imagined. We are tired, having just about poured ourselves completely out on this mission and are now looking forward to our Safari tomorrow. Seeing God’s amazing creations should really perk us up! God bless each and every one of you who made this all possible, from those who supported us financially to those who cut out every little visor and stuffed every sticker into a baggie. You are part of the trip as well and we didn’t even have to pay baggage overage for you!
Wendy – I can’t believe that we are coming to the end of this wonderful journey. It has truly been life changing. The two young ladies that work in the home (Joshua’s daughter’s, Herena and Grace) have been a blessing. Besides taking wonderful care of us (cooking and cleaning), they love the Lord and it is visible on their faces. The people of Kenya are wonderful and I will miss them. It is impossible to explain why, you just have to come here and visit. VBS was good today…very hot, but good! The children are wonderful and I would love to bring them home with me. The widows are beautiful and elegant with their tattered clothes and craggy faces. Everything to them is about praising our Lord. I got to spend a lot of time with my adopted son Alex (I adopted him last year) and that was really a blessing. He is a tremendous man of God with a lot of responsibilities for such a young man. He has already taken in two orphans and he is only 25 years old. There is really no such thing as childhood in Africa. The very young take care of the REALLY young. It was really good seeing Boaz and his home today. Shane and the crew did a great job! I’m starting to get sad about saying goodbye. But I thank God that I had this amazing opportunity!!!!!
Mark- Wow! What a great trip! I had some issues with my malaria medication, combined with the heat that set me back a bit, but Lavon hooked me up with some good nursing. I’ve met some awesome people here, most of whom you’ve heard about, so I won’t repeat. I will echo what Wendy said about Boaz’ house, though. Great job Shane! It was also wonderful to meet Alex and his family, as well as having Alex as a “roomie” with Jay and I for the last week, which gave me a chance to get to know him. One other person who’s really left a mark on me is Pastor Haren Witende Ahora from Nakano. He’s also doubled as our driver when we go out to visit the widows or today to see Boaz and Alex. I’ve had a lot of time to get to know him and I don’t know that I’ve met a more humble, God-fearing man in my life. His life story is incredible, too long to tell here. He is built like a linebacker (which is kind of unusual here), so the women feel very safe in his care. The children here are incredible and everybody is so sincere and humble and very inquisitive about America. They also think that we’re all rich – one teenage girl asked me if we have poverty in America and if so, do they look like me (i.e. white), which she obviously didn’t think was plausible. Last note for Jeff (Miles): Kosmos from Touchstone Christian Fellowship of Chemali asked me personally to send his greetings to you (at Boaz’ house, where we ate after inspecting the house and the church (with a new roof)). He also showed me a picture on his phone of the TCFC church meeting today under a tree in his village (there were about ten or so people). I might be screwing up the village name, because that’s the name of Boaz’ church and the TCF church is several villages away, but you get the idea. That’s it for now from Kamagaga.
Theresa-I don't need to add anything because my teamates did such an amazing job!
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What incredible blessings! God is so good. Enjoy your safari & bask in His glory. Thanks for keeping us updated. Safe travels!
ReplyDeleteWow. What mighty servants they are and you all are! God is amazing as usual and it shows big time in this post. Thanks for letting us know. Blessings to the Kenya team.
ReplyDelete