Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Beauty from Ashes

Today wraps up our mission in Cambodia.  We were invited to visit White Doves Cambodia.  They provide living resources and a safe home for women aged 17-25 (and often their children). Here they have counselling, daily devotions, schooling and life skills training with the end goal of finding appropriate vocational training and a job placement to support themselves outside of sex trafficking.  White Doves http://www.whitedovescambodia.com/ is run by Cambodian and funded by the Netherlands.  We had the opportunity to tour the facility and see them learning new vocational skills.  They were sewing and weaving purses.  They also have a salon they train them in.  We had the opportunity to shop for the boutique and support them at the same time.  Please keep your eyes pealed for these beauties and the Tea.  I love to see how God brings beauty from ashes. 

We were trying to go to the Children's Center to host their Kid's Club.  Unfortunately, do to the heavy rains we were not able to reach the facility.  We did a quicky course to Sang to explain how to use the items we brought.  Thank you to to volunteers who make the crafts.  God is using some of those items to bless the Children's Center in the slums.

Thank you to all of those who made this trip possible.  Thank you to the volunteers who put together 1000's of crafts for the teacher to learn and the children to receive.  Thank you for those who support us financially through giving and fundraisers.  To those who serve in the fundraisers, I hope you know your service is being put to good use ongoing.  I can never thank you enough for those that are in prayer for us.  It means so much to us and I know that they have been instrumental.  Thank you to our families who stay behind and cover the slack for us while we are away.  They spend some sleepless nights covering us in prayer and entrusting us to the Lord.  Thank you for all you sacrifice.  I know your sacrifice truly is greater than ours.

I feel like God did a mighty work in Cambodia.  I hope that we can come back and see how He used the work to further His kingdom.  

We fly out tomorrow, Thursday, at 9:25 am (7:25pm Wednesday California time).  We have 2 days of travel back home.  We arrive in Cali Friday at 10:40 am.  Please pray for safe travels.  

No comments:

Post a Comment