Sunday, October 16, 2016

From the Coccon the Butterfly Emerges

It's 6:45 on Monday morning here in Phnom Penh.  I've been up for hours sipping Starbucks Via (it'll do) gazing out into a city that is waking up.  I'm Thanking to the Lord this morning.  There are so many things that can go sideways in our travels.  But things went pretty smoothly:

  • We made it in plenty of time to SFO (ok maybe a little too early) to make our first flight to Hong Kong.  One just never knows with Bay area traffic. We made our first flight with no problem.
  • In Hong Kong we had to exit the plane and go through security.  This always makes us laugh because really....what are we going to get on the plane that is going to cause us to go back through security to get back on THE SAME PLANE! Well, the bonus was we got to stretch our legs a bit and grab a Starbucks coffee before getting back on the plane.
  • The landing in Singapore got our attention, well Linda and I's anyway.  We were kind of spread out on the flight and Linda I were over the landing gear.  Singapore airport was very lovely!  We took our time exploring the butterfly gardens, this, that, and the other.  We settled into a comfy spot, relaxed a bit, chatted with another traveler and then went to our gate for...you guessed it, another security check.  To our surprise they moved gates.  We hoofed it to the next gate.  I thought we missed our flight.  That would have stunk.  Ended up the flight was quite delayed.
  • Our final flight to Phnom Penh was pretty short in comparison.  We were all exhausted to non thinking mode by this time.  Fortunately for us it didn't take much brain power.  Our transition through obtaining a visa, getting through immigration, and collecting our luggage was the fasted we've ever encountered.  
  • Thank you Jesus!  All of our luggage arrived, all the travelers made it and healthy, no flights were canceled, driver was waiting for us, and no glitches at the hotel.  Thank you for partnering with us in prayer.  
I got about 7 hours sleep.  A little jet lag but not too bad. I haven't heard from the others yet so I am thinking they are rested too.   

Today we'll be meeting up with our sweet friends that from our first trip in 2007.  We'll be shopping for supplies for the training as well as for our boutique back home (For those that don't know we hold 2 Teas a year and have a boutique.  This helps us fund our trips.  Ladies if you haven't signed up for the Tea get over to our page at Fifty5five and find the link to sign up).   We'll be doing lots of prep in the next 2 days.  

Prayer Requests:
  • Our planning for training in Siem Reap has been a bit challenging.  We've had to cut out some of our training due to conferences.  Please pray that we are able to fill the time with what the Lord would have for us.  Maybe He's orchestrating another training or a vbs.  My prayer is that those of us planning the trip would be so in-tune with His voice we'll hear what His plan is.
  • My brain is a little foggy from the Maleria meds.  Prayer to adjust quickly would be awesome.
  • Continued health, energy, and unity.  
  • All praise and glory be to God.
As I wrap up, I was thinking of the discomfort the butterfly must feel as it fights to escape the comforts of the cocoon.  But if it didn't fight the discomfort what beauty would be lost.  As we left the comforts of home to sit in confined spaces for 30+ hours, we are prayerful that God will bring beauty and glory to His name through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment